Wednesday 17 May 2017

 I look to the sky, at last rain.   I breathe a sigh of relief and feel sure the garden is doing the same.    So little rain during the last year.     For this wet garden it has been disastrous.    We are told to be frugal with water because of low levels at the reservoirs................not good for the garden, the gardener worries.     I have already removed three trees that have died...........      
 I woke with a headache this morning.     I did not sleep well.   The humidity kept me awake.    Tossing and turning trying to get comfortable.     The night seemed endless and sleep seemed far away.
 I thought  a walk around the garden would help, but the air is oppressive.    I think we may have a storm.    This area is known for its storms.    When we first moved here, a woman had a lightening strike on an oak in her garden.    It travelled the roots of the tree and shattered her conservatory.    I am always aware when a storm is brewing.
 The dry river bed I had planned has turned into a garden.      I cannot resist planting..........This bed is full of candelabra primula.    I planted them last year.    I am surprised they have survived this drought , as they are water lovers.    Nature never ceases to amaze me.
 Summer plantings are in place.    I miss walking the garden with my parents.     My Mother would hold my hand in her latter days .    Her little hand in mine, like a child, she was so fragile, so small.
 This is for you Mum..........
and sweet peas for you Dad.     My Father grew them every year.    He would give me bunches for the house during the growing season.    I remember one time meeting him off the train.    He walked towards me with a huge bunch of sweet peas.    The scent was amazing.
A sweet memory of two amazing people who filled my life with their love and laughter.......
I miss you both............

2 comments:

  1. I can remember I tried to comment on this post but I don't think you were allowing comments at the time.
    This was just beautiful and so very special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. What a lovely thing to say.

      Delete