Tuesday 15 April 2014

The humble bumble

One of my favourite pastimes is photography.   My favourite subject is bees, and for sure the bumble bee tops the list.    I take dozens of images each week and most are deleted.   Every now and again I take a photograph that really pleases me.   It takes patience, and a little  bit of luck to get a good picture.   Yesterday I spent two hours in the garden with my camera and in the very last minutes captured this garden bee working amongst the blooms.     I like the softness of the image and the detail on the bee.   It was worth the time and effort......another photograph to put in my 'bee book'..............

12 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl - thanks for coming over to leave a comment on my blog - I used to follow you in 2012 before you decided yo stop blogging - I checked your archive and found my comment on your last post on 9/9/2012. What made you decide to start blogging again I loved your old blog and was so sad when you decided to end it. A bit delayed but welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine,

      Tku......nice to hear from you again.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful photo, the colours are so intense and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tku Lucinda.....I love the bright colour and of course purple is a bees favourite colour.......

      Delete
  3. What a lovely photo. I started to take photos of bees and butterflies last year while I was observing which flowers they spent most time on. It is so satisfying, isn't it? The colour in your photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very satisfying Sarah. Have you tried capturing other insects........it is amazing what you can see through a lens.......

      Delete
  4. Lovely! You always take the most beautiful photos of bees, Cheryl. Your patience is definitely rewarded. The bumble is my favorite to photograph, too, but mainly because he's the only bee that pauses long enough for me to snap a photo:) Still waiting to see the first bees here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tku Rose....indeed bees are always busy and extremely difficult to photograph. Hope the bees arrive soon and the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photo Cheryl.. I love taking photos of bees too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful photo. You do need a lot of patience for photography, especially when your subject it wildlife, they won't sit still for you until you get the shot you want. Your perseverance has certainly paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many years ago I would not have the patience.....age does have some bonuses :)

      Delete